Monday, December 2, 2013

stuck in the rain

Playing: Romance is Dead-Paloma Faith
Reading: You're Cute and Fired by Marisa Meltzer
I skipped out on Black Friday once again because a) the sales are never as good as I hope they'll be, b) crowds of deprived shoppers stress me out, and c) usually everything I want is still too expensive to buy on sale. Instead I visited Los Angeles again with my family because the Los Angeles Auto Show is back in town. We stopped off at Little Tokyo for lunch at Wakasaya and I grabbed a box of macarons from Lette. I kind of regret not getting a wider range of colors, but at least they look semi-autumn appropriate.
For some reason, we always park next to MoCA and they moved this statue into the parking lot. Apparently, it cost a lot of money to ship it to this specific location. However, I still struggle with finding the artistic value of this piece because it looks like a discarded chunk of metal in the middle of a parking lot.
My favorite part about rainy days other than the chance to run around in a trench coat, pretending I'm a secret agent, is taking photos through windows. I  really love this photo set and I want to take more photos like those, but living in Southern California doesn't really give me the opportunity to do so.
We actually went to the auto show because my dad's birthday is coming up and he really wanted to go. I wasn't all that impressed with the cars other than the smart cars and Porches. I really liked this Jeremy Scott smart car because the wings are such a simple addition yet so playful. It also looks fairly unisex and makes me want to collect designer cars. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra $43,200 to spend, so I'll have to give up my dreams of owning this car.
The Lincoln display had these cool planters hung up on their walls. My dad and I are planning on making planters like these either from wood or clay. We thought it would be good for planting all our herbs and smaller flowers. As you can tell, cars aren't really my thing, but after living with the two car fanatics I call my dad and brother, I have picked up a little knowledge here and there from them on cars. Even so, I still think these planters may have been one of my favorite things that I saw at the car show.

13 comments:

  1. I like rainy nights, they help me sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually stay up to see how the rain reflects the street lamps instead of sleeping better. Haha, to each their own though. (:

      Delete
  2. lol about the designer car, but it has flames on the back of the car! and haha your 3 reasons on black friday is exactly why i don't go boxing day shopping in canada (thats equivalent of our black friday). it's always a disapointment and sales aren't as good, I'll skip out on the 10% off deals on a sweater and buy it regular price just to not deal with the annoying crowd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Same! I rather buy it at regular price than fight an aggressive mob of frenzied shoppers.

      Delete
  3. aww heart this post! those macarons look yummy!!

    and that jeremy car is sooo so cute! omgosh the wings are adorable!! i love smart cars.. i want one so bad but my husband says no hahaha. he says they're too impractical for a married couple w/ two doggies UGH. but they're so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart cars are so cute! I wanted one, but they're pretty expensive considering their size and everything.

      Delete
  4. The macarons look good though, I like the color range you chose ;) I want my car to have wings <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I would love to have a winged car!

      Delete
  5. Mhmmm sweet macaron color arrangement c:
    I've seen on the news how mad people can be
    at Black Fridays so I understand you avoided
    it c:

    A Jeremy Scott Car! How cute! I love the shoe
    collection tho its a pretty expensive. Good luck
    with the new planters and almost happy birthday
    to your dad! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoe collection is so cool, but I can't convince myself to spend that much for them. (Story of my life with all clothes...)

      And thank you!

      Delete
  6. I totally understand why you would avoid the crowds on Black Friday! Those macarons look so delicious :)

    xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good, especially the almond flavor. :3

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please leave a comment! ♥