Monday, May 20, 2013

"Beverly Hills, That's Where I Want to Be, Living in Beverly Hills"

Playing: Bad Habits-General Fiasco
Reading: Raise High in the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour:An Introduction by JD Salinger
There is a song by Weezer called "Beverly Hills" that expresses the desire and the wonder that surrounds Beverly Hills. Beverly Hills is one of those places that exemplifies the Californian lifestyle so easily and you have to be there to understand what makes it so wonderful. It's the type of place that makes me want to stay in Southern California and not go halfway across the world for college. It's one of the few places that can convince me to go vegetarian (even if it is only for one meal) and that's exactly what it did last Saturday, when I ordered the Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sandwich at McCormick and Schmick'ss along with a side of the Onion Shoestring Fries. Despite the slightly burnt bun and the arugula, I enjoyed the sandwich, which came stuffed with a tomato salad and topped by a balsamic vinegar reduction.
Beverly Hills is also one of those special places that knows how to make comfort food cost three times more than it should, especially if you go to Sprinkles Ice Cream, which admittedly, I've been wanting to try for a few months now ever since one opened near me. However, the one in Newport Beach has a two hour line, so I was extremely excited when I stumbled upon it in Beverly Hills. I tried the Sprinkles Sundae with Red Velvet Ice Cream and a Salted Caramel Cupcake. The sundae is like an ice cream sandwich and halfway through, the sweetness of the sundae became overpowering and a bit sickening. Either share or go for a lighter ice cream to balance the extraordinarily sweet icing, which Sprinkles is known for.
Just a few blocks off of Santa Monica Blvd., where Sprinkles Ice Cream is located, is Rodeo Drive. Even though South Coast Plaza has almost all the stores Rodeo Drive has, there's an undeniable draw to Rodeo Drive. It might be the busloads of tourists desperate to get a photo of everything including you, or maybe it's the wide range of architecture. For me, Rodeo Drive is home to my favorite Prada store. The interior design is so cool and it's almost like a fun house with green bubbled walls, warped mirror ceilings, and panel's opacity changing along with the music.
The most wonderful thing about Los Angeles is being able to get dressed up totally over the top and not have people look at you oddly. For the most part, people like it when you're just a little eccentric here and that's one reason that I would want to move to LA. Several people took photos of my top hat and a tourist asked to take a photo of my purse, so it's all fun even if I do look a bit like Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka here. This was the first time I drove my Gucci Fiat to Los Angeles and I was hoping to park in front of the Gucci store, but all the spaces were taken. I'll just have to keep trying. I wore a San Diego Hat Company top hat, a Calvin Klein blazer, an Ann Taylor LOFT t-shirt, theory shorts, a Gucci purse, and Reed Krakoff boots.

PS Tucking in shirts is so unflattering on mes, so I think it's time to stop.

10 comments:

  1. Haha being a veg for once is good!
    To me Beverly Hills sounds like a place for snobby peeps? Am I wrong
    :P? The food places looks nice tho!
    This 'Sprinkles Ice Cream' sounds
    a wonderful place!

    I want to live in LA :c people at
    my country can look weird at me when
    I overdressed a little bit or when I carry an odd accessory with me you know..

    Speaking of accessory, I've checked
    Zara for the transparent clutch and
    we don't have the white colored one
    as well :c but I do saw yours and
    even a yellow version of it!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they only give you about 7 pieces of shoestring onions or did you already eat some?
    I don't completely understand the hype about Sprinkle's ice cream, but I have a guilty want to try it.
    I love how you wore that hat out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice Pandora-Aww, I wish there was a clear one. Beverly Hills is filled with wealthy people and it can be pretty snobby, but it's still relaxed. ^^

    prancing bee-They gave a huge basket of the shoestrings, but I only took a little portion at a time. I felt guilty for wanting to try it too, since it felt like such a trendy thing to do and I don't really like Sprinkles in the first place, so it was definitely a weird feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute post! ^^


    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had some fun! Great pictures as well! Gladly followed you with GFC, hope you can do same;)
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice;)
    Would you like to follow each other ? Please tell me if you first :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've documented this! Mushroom burger sounds perfect; they're one of my favourite foods.

    I think what I'd most look forward to is the dressing up and not looking out of place, but the prices of things is what I'd struggle with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally know what you mean by the dressing up and not getting stares thing! I lived in London and it's the same, I feel so FREE and non-self conscious :) You look awesome! And Weezer's one of my fav bands...

    Lovely shirt!

    Visit me too:

    www.fantaiflo.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna live in Beverly hills too lol...looks like u had an awesome time

    Btw do check out my new post
    Stay in touch
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Regine Karpel-Yup!

    Rakel-Thanks!

    Alexandra Zakharova-Thank you so much! ♥

    likerose-Thanks!

    Dot (Claire)-The price is always a tad shocking, so it's more of a once in awhile type of splurge. At least dressing up is fun!

    Florence-I'm going to go see Weezer over summer! Also, I want to study in London soon. ^^

    Antee Gurung-One day, when we're rich and famous, right? :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please leave a comment! ♥