Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chocolate and Seafood in San Francisco

Playing: The Days-Patrick Wolf
Reading: Elle Spring Summer 2011 Collections
I really haven't been up to much lately other than homework and studying. I think it may have been a bad idea to take two APs and an Honors, especially since the Honors is in my worst subject...I took a test in Chemistry today and finished off a very hard math problem and got the answer right, while most kids ran out of time and had to guess. Then when I got home, I was chatting with a friend on Facebook and he told me that I forgot about significant figures, so I actually got it wrong...I really hate myself sometimes. I'm truly sorry for my lack of posting, but the truth is I don't have enough energy or time to post after I'm done with homework. I pretty much just eat and go to bed now. To get my minds off of things, I want to do a post about something I did over summer break.
I went to the Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory for the first time, even though I've been to San Francisco multiple time. The line was so incredibly long, but it was worth it, so I could smell all the lovely chocolate.
I ended up sharing the Presidio Passion with my brother, but the whole time I spent waiting for it, I kept on thinking, I should've gotten the classic sundae because everyone around me got that and it looked great. However I am very happy with my choice. The fruit in it helps to lighten up the heavy chocolate.
We decided to walk to Pier 39 afterwards and the walk was freezing cold, even in my sweater. Obviously, I need a windproof jacket next time I go. I saw a segway tour group and it made me laugh because segways remind me of Weird Al.
I posted pictures of the sea lions at Pier 39 last year, but I wanted to do another photo because they're just so cute. This one drunk lady was yelling all sorts of things at the sea lions...It was quite humorous at first, but then it started getting annoying.
While walking around, I just decided to take a photo to show you the touristy center of Pier 39. I like the carnival theme, but it's a bit odd, considering everything else is themed around a fishing wharf. Still, it's pleasant and I like walking around this area.
The real reason my family goes to Pier 39 is for the food. We love to have seafood, so we decided to try the Pier Market, which was owned by the guy that came up with the idea of Pier 39. The clam chowder was pretty good, but I still prefer Manhattan clam chowder over New England.
My brother had been craving a lobster sandwich the whole day, so he grabbed a lobster sandwich, while I grabbed a crab melt. It was very good, but I found it too rich after the first half, so I encourage sharing or skipping on the clam chowder, if you're going to eat this. Also, squeezing some fresh lemon juice on it really brightens up the flavor.
What book are you currently reading? 
I'm reading Catcher in the Rye for school and so far, I love Holden Caulfield. We could be best friends. My mum's response to that was, "You're just like your father. You like rebels and odd people." My English teacher told us as we go on, through the book, we're not going to like him as much, so that makes me pretty upset.

8 comments:

  1. yeah, I think the last book I finished was Catcher in the Rye. I liked Holden at first, then I just felt like he was too judgmental/annoying. T__T

    I fully enjoyed reading the book though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo the sundae looks yummy!! i actually live quite close to ghiradelli but never think to go lol. but omg their original sundae is really yummy though. if u get a chance to go back next time, make sure to order it! their hot fudge is so delicious!
    i always just walk around the pier and drink all the clam chowder samples the restaurants like to hand out. by the time i walk all the way around, i am full off free chowder HAHA & all the diff restaurants have diff chowders, it's pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy-That's exactly what my teacher said! She said he becomes annoying and too complain-y! I've only read up to chapter 5, though....

    ShinyPrettyThings-I'll have to go back! That sounds fantastic! They hand out free samples? I must look for that next time! You're so lucky to live in a big city! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you please take me on an adventure with you? and I'm currently rereading looking for alaska!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh!!! The chocolate! The chocolate!!! I wanna take a tour too! And those sealions are just there... in piles? wow!
    Have a happy weekend!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sasssquatch-Let's go on an adventure! I'll take you on one through California and you'll take me on an adventure in Hawaii! Deal? :)

    laura-Yeah, it's so cool how the sea lions just pile up! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like seafood, but the presidio passion looks great.
    I'm currently reading the Bartimeus series by Jonathan Stroud, and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Piperita Patty-Bartimeus sounds super familiar...I feel like I read that or something! I'll have to Google it to check if it's what I'm thinking of! ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please leave a comment! ♥