Saturday, December 24, 2011

"You've Gotta Swim"

Playing: Smell-Tom Milsom
Reading: Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
Awhile back, I believe it was November 11th, I went down to Long Beach with my friends, Daniela, Chelcee, and Clare. We had a day off from school, so we decided to do a little celebration for my birthday. Wow, I actually celebrated my birthday three time this year...Once at school, once with my family, and once with Rebecca.
We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific first and we brought a dog leash with us because we thought it'd help us keep track of each other and that it was funny. It wasn't such a good idea because the leash kept on hitting each other people at the aquarium, so we stuffed the leash in Chelcee's purse. Now that I think about it, I do a lot of things that seem funny at the moment, but aren't that funny later on...
Here you can see Chelcee giving me the look that says, "Really, Audrey, really?" You can see Daniela in the black coat taking photos of the fish and shark. We were outside trying to figure out which one of us should get pushed into the tanks to swim with the sharks. Jokingly of course.
Afterwards, we went on an adventure through Down Town Long Beach looking for lunch. I still can't get over how beautiful Down Town Long Beach is now. It used to be so sketchy, when I was little, so it's great to see it all clean and happy now. I love all the buildings down there. You can see glossy office buildings and retro-styled parking lots. It's just very interesting.
I really like how Long Beach kept some of their older things to like this carousel. It's from the 1960's I believe and I just always find carousels to be very magical. So many books have emphasized the magic of these that I now automatically think there's something magical about them. Also, when I was little, I always had to go on the carousel at Disneyland and my parents thought it was funny how I chose that ride out of all the rides.
Afterwards, we walked to the light house and just sat and hung out. It was fun to just roll around in the grass and count how many couples were making out there and just be typical teenagers there.
Chelcee and I ended up laying around on the ground soaking up the sun, when it did come out. The four of us just acted like our younger selves for some time. Although it may look like Chelcee and I were tanning, we were actually telling each other to be quiet and were making terrible jokes.
The clouds started to roll back in signaling that it was going to rain again, so we ran back into the aquarium for shelter. Then we just goofed around some more and waited for our ride to bring us back home. By the way, I jsut got back from New York, so expect some posts about that.
Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

  1. aww looks like you had a fabulous time out with your friends!! the leash idea is funny hahah more ironic funny then HA HA funny :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had an amazing time! and such lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. see the sights, enjoy it girl!

    xx

    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know eh!? asian parents all they think about is school LOL, my parents were horrible growing up but now that I'm out of their hair I guess Im just enjoying the food and everything else... and their constant nagging of getting married (one thing after another!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa-The leash idea was a lot more funny at the time, but now that I look back at it, I wonder what we were thinking...

    Pop Champagne-Haha, Asian parents freak over anything less than an A. My parents are already getting after me about getting married and I'm way too young for that still...XD

    Florence-Of course, I will. :3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please leave a comment! ♥