Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"Watching Television, It's a Wonderful Life"

Playing: After the Fire-Andrew McMahon
 Reading: Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
This is probably the third time I have tried to type up a post, but blogger has been mean recently and refuses to upload photos, so suddenly Photobucket has become my best friend. Since you have missed out on more than a week of my life, let's get started. Two Saturdays ago, I went to the Ritz Carlton to volunteer at a debutante ball, helping the girls get dressed and such. (I wore Alexander McQueen sunglasses, a Jason Wu for Target blouse, a Jason Wu for Target skirt, a silence+noise blazer,  Reed Krakoff boots, and a Burberry Prorsum purse that shows up in too many of my outfit photos.)
Inside the Ritz, they had the loveliest decorations. I loved this floral piece hanging from the ceiling. The mixture of the glass globes and metallic flower cut outs was so pretty. I wish my camera had done a better job capturing it.
Left to Right: Sarah, Sophie, Josh, and me
Then the next Saturday, or last Saturday (whichever you prefer), I went to Sarah's birthday party and a different Sarah (picture above) brought a mermaid suit for people to try on. Apparently, her mum got it at a mermaid expo, which is something I would like to attend one day. We had a lot of fun with it, but Josh made the most fabulous mermaid out of us all. Excuse my lack of a tan. I had to get changed from a black bathing suit because my mum told me the contrast between my skin and the suit was just too much.
Left to Right: Krishan, Chelcee, Me, Clare, and Katie
After the pool party, I want home and got changed for Clare's birthday. Driving there was a bit stressful due to the traffic, but dinner at BJ's was a lot of fun. Clare is one of my closest friends and I've known her for almost five years now. We have four out of our six classes together, so we spend a lot of time teasing each other and laughing together. This is our group photo of the girls there that could speak French. Clare made me get dressed up for her party and forced me into a dress, so enjoy this photo of me in a dress. It doesn't happen often. I wore a Calvin Klein blazer, Rodarte for Target dress, and everything else I don't think you can see.
Left to Right: Shabaan, Sean, and Me
The last thing I did that I want to share is that I went to a Lakers playoffs game against the San Antonio Spurs. My dad got five tickets in row 10 from a good friend, so my dad told me I could bring along two friends if I wanted. Shabaan and Sean accompanied me and our seats were so amazing. We saw Jack Nicholson there, whose daughter was high school friends with my dad, so my dad was debating if he should say hello, but we didn't get near enough for my dad to do so. Even though the Lakers lost, it was just wonderful to get a chance to spend time with Shabaan and Sean in one of my favorite cities. By the way, I only look extra small in this photo because both of my friends are over six feet tall and I'm barely over five.
While I'm at it, this has been a good week for music. Andrew McMahon's new EP, "The Pop Underground," came out today and tomorrow I'm going to go see The Killers. Sarah (in the mermaid picture) got tickets for us to go see Panic! at the Disco with Fall Out Boy and I'm trying to get tickets to go see Weezer with some friends over summer. But seriously, tomorrow will be my first time seeing The Killers and I'm so excited. It'll be a few hours of me fan girling and wishing Brandon Flowers was closer to my age so that I could marry him. And now I leave you with this beautiful collage of the super talented and handsome Brandon Flowers to enjoy. I hope you enjoy this collage as much as I do. (I do occasionally miss the guyliner though...)

Title from The Killers' "Boots"

14 comments:

  1. aww cute!! you should wear dresses more often! adorable on you! i love your rodarte for target dress!! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so annoying when blogger acts up >-< The flower decorations look so pretty~~~~ Looks like you had so much fun ^-^

    Liz
    www.lizchewy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you saw Jack Nicholson there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome seats for the Lakers game!

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pics, look like you had fun!

    Feel free to check-out my latest blog post and if you like, follow me on GFC, I'll follow you back :)
    http://roxxanaifrim.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first photo is lovely :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh the debutante ball looks nice!
    Great job Audrey c: And I love
    your look!
    I hope the 2 birthdays were fun but
    I think it was seeing these pictures!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa-Thank you! I really ought to dress up more. ^-^

    lizchewy-It was lovely. :)

    Carly-He's actually always there, if you get tickets. XD

    Emily-Yup, they were so good!

    Michelle Jiafang-Thank you!

    Jenny /Rocknrollerr-It was!

    Veselina-Thank you!

    Roxana Ifrim-Thanks!

    Sandra Martinez-Thank you so much! :D

    Alittlebit Unique// UK blog-Thank you very much. ^^

    Ivana-Thanks! (:

    Jaz xo-Thanks! c:

    Ice Pandora-They were both fun in different ways. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. really inspired by your blog :)


    http://maddieisthename.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please leave a comment! ♥