Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Break

Playing: Memories-Panic! at the Disco
Reading: A Clean, Well-Lighted Place by Ernest Hemingway
Last Wednesday, I had the amazing opportunity to meet one of my favorite designers, Mary Katrantzou, at Nordstrom. If you don't know her work, you definitely need to Google it right away. Her digital prints and imaginative silhouettes are so much fun to look at and I definitely want to buy something from her in the future. She was so friendly and if you wanted to, she could style you.
While I was there, I got her to sign a look book for me and asked her for some career advice, since I'm an aspiring fashion journalist. Mary and her assistant, who was also super helpful, gave me the names of a few colleges in England that would be good. She also told me that if I ever ended up in London to stop off at her studio and talk to her that way she can try to help me. Even though it's doubtful she'll remember me, I appreciated the thought and the advice. Also, the Lanvin store just opened at South Coast Plaza, so I stopped in and the saleslady gave me a look book, which is helping me practice my French with all the little details written in it.
After meeting Mary, I did some shopping, which I'll be sure to share with you later on, but I needed a caffeine kick. Lately, I've been having trouble staying awake and Starbucks' macchiatos have been getting me through the day. The layered flavors are what got me. It's like having three different drinks, so you're less likely to get bored with the flavor.
Later on, I ran off to a bonfire down at Corona Del Mar to celebrate spring break with Michael, Katy, Sarah, and a bunch of their friends. It was so much fun and we roasted everything from chicken McNuggets to hot dogs to marshmallows to homework. When it got dark, Michael (pictured above) and I danced to Madonna's "Material Girl" and other favorites like "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend." Sorry for the awkwardly posed photo; I didn't feel comfortable asking the other attendees if they'd be alright with me posting photos of them on my blog because then I have to explain to them that I have a blog and things go nerdy from there real quickly. Unfortunately, Corona Del Mar is thinking about getting rid of the pits, so I want to do another bonfire there at the end of the school year. I'm going back to school soon and I'm really sad about it, so now I'm off to enjoy what's left of my break.

Also, I found this ad for Prada Candy on Selina's blog and  you need to watch it.

10 comments:

  1. aww how neat!! that's so kind of her!!

    yumm i love starbucks macchiatos!

    ohh my new gold filagree dress is by bagdley mischka :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOD, are you kidding me????? YOU MET MARY KATRANTZOU? AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!! And thanks for your comment ♥ I didn't win the contest though haha :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your spring break is going well!
    Ah haha that Prada commercial! I forgot how beautiful French can sound too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa-It's such a lovely dress and I can't wait to see you wear it. (:

    Francois-Yes, I was so shocked when I saw that she was coming to my town! So excited too! :D

    prancing bee-I'm currently learning French at school and we all like to joke about how odd it sounds, so it's funny to hear you say it sounds pretty. ^^

    Vicky Perper-Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!!! thank you so much for your comment!
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your hair, it's so cool you got meet your favourite designer too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds amazing to meet a designer! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do they want to remove
    the pits? It looks so nice
    to grill food with friends!
    Shameful...

    I feel kind of bad for not
    knowing Mary Katrazou :c
    She sounds really down to
    earth! So nice you have
    a real autograph!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so great that you got to meet her. Mary sounds so nice.

    I can't wait to see your new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marcela Gmd-You're welcome and thank you! ^^

    Miss Plaid Girl-Thank you! Your hair is pretty awesome too. :D

    Carolynn Markey-It was so nice to talk to her. ^^

    Ice Pandora-The people that live there claim that it's bad for their health and it's disruptive to have people out at night trying to roast stuff as they sleep. Truthfully, the residents know all of that before they bought their home, so I don't really feel bad. I hope that's now bad to say. D:

    Sunny & Star-I just posted my new purchases! Go check it out. :3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please leave a comment! ♥