Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dior Fall/Winter 2010

Playing: They're Not Waving-Vyvienne Long
Reading: Helped by an Obama Stimulus by Alexandra Jacobs
Ok, I know I'm very late falling in love with this show now and I'm terribly upset that there is absolutely no way I will ever see these pieces in person or own one. But here I go anyways, I'm really into the extreme romanticism of Dior's Fall/Winter 2010. I like the old English newsboy look mixed with the romantic Equestrian style.
I mostly paid attention to this collection because Youtube recommended it to me and I saw the hat on Karlie Kloss, which reminded me of the hat I bought in New York. (Pictures to come.) I had seen a few photos from this show in my magazines, but for some asinine reason I didn't watch the show or go onto style.com to look at all the photos or anything.
The wonderfully poufed hair ending in a braid reminds me of Dante Gabrielle Rosetti's paintings. I love the extremeness of this hair style and how terribly romantic it looks. It looks messy, but pulled together and these are the times, when I wish I could be a white person that has classic beauty and mounds of brown hair like Keira Knightley or like Ksenia Kahnovich up above.
Look at that, they look like porcelain dolls. There's something darkly romantic about this collection and the way Galliano presented his models. Almost like their lighter than air or ghostly. Stop me, if I'm talking nonsense please.
These are the types of gowns that I want to wear and dream about during class. I can't find a word more perfect to describe this other than romantic. I'm not one of those people who chases romance, so stumbling upon this collection and discovering something that is truly romantic to me is pretty amazing. The lightness of the gowns and how they trail behind the girls is simply wonderful. So what do you say? Let's be darkly romantic and look like we're from another century. This is seriously competing for my favorite Dior show ever and it makes me miss John Galliano even more.

16 comments:

  1. I'm so in loooove in this collection!


    xoxo
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. the collection is gorgeous! omg im in love :)

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this collection too, Dior was my inspiration when I was in in fashion college :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. those dresses are great, I love the light fabric, and those hair!! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really nice creations! <3
    Thank you so much for your nice compliment, dear! You are so lovely :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. allure-edition-Thank you! ^^

    Antonia-Me too! Perfect, isn't it? :3

    Annabel-Same here! So lovely! c:

    cominica-You went to a fashion college? Lucky! :o

    Pop Champagne-I love the hair, but if I did that, people would just think I'm odd! XD

    Lola Finn-Aww, you're so sweet! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh this is so dark and romantic!! you know what's funny it kind of reminds me of alice in wonderland hahha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post. gret round up <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. Would love to see you post when you do wear it. Nice creativity.

    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i love how they move & flow!! so pretty. sighhh if only i had a life that required me to wear such dresses lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa-It's like it came straight out of a Tim Burton movie! ♥

    yiqin;-Oh why thank you! :)

    my mini bag-Oh I can afford that, so I doubt I'll ever own a piece from it! I would love to own a dress or two, though...Actually, the whole collection should be in my closet! ^^

    ShinyPrettyThings-Same here! If I had a ball to wear those to, I would give so much to own them. :3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, am DEEPLY in love with this collection. It is sublime, steeped with unparalleled romanticism. I enjoy watching the full show on YouTube every once-in-a-while. :) The music to the show itself compliments the romanticism of the clothing and overall look and emotion. I specially like the opening track, They're Not Waving (by Vyvienne Long) and I also like In the Dark of the Night by Paul Schwartz featuring Lisbeth Scott. I even more specially love that one. :D The firing of John Galliano from Dior was a great tragedy and he will indeed be forever missed as its creative director. One can only look back and enjoy images and video of the great age of Galliano for Dior.

    ReplyDelete
  13. C.E.R.-I love watching the fashion show too on Youtube! "They're Not Waving" is my favorite song from the show and John Galliano will always be one of my favorite designers. I hope he returns to his name brand soon and shows Dior what they're missing! His creativity is unparalleled and he always put so much thought into every aspect of the show. Without him and McQueen, fashion has lost two of its most magical, fantastical designers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was thinking the same of Galliano! That he should be allowed to return to his label. You heard he was spotted talking with Anna Wintour last month?! :) She was the one who got him the Dior position to begin with. With Anna behind him, who knows! :) And I also feel the same way towards the late Alexander McQueen. His passing in 2010 and then Galiano's fall in 2011 - those had been the greatest tragedies in early-2010s fashion. :( It has definitely altered the way things could have gone with those brilliant visionaries. They were both destined to be THE designers of our century. But I believe that Sarah Burton herself is destined to be historic in the 21st century. :)

    ~Galliano supporters all the way!!!~

    ReplyDelete
  15. C.E.R.-If Anna is behind him, all is good. He also designed Kate Moss' wedding gown, so it's good to have the most famous model of our time and one of the strongest editors behind him! Also, Sarah Burton has done a great job with remaining true to the McQueen name, but still adding her own twist!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please leave a comment! ♥