Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Orange Circle

Playing: Enola Gay-Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Reading: Smoky Pink Core of Omega Nebula
Not too long ago, I went to Orange Circle with my friend, Sophie. We mostly ran around the antique malls there and tried on random clothing like the horse riding hat that Sophie is wearing above. We love how cluttered and random all of the antique malls are!
At the same antique mall, I found a rock purse for Sophie to try on. No joke, it's a plastic purse made to look like a rock. Who comes up with these ideas? It still had its original tags on and apparently, this rock purse comes in multiple colors from black to white. I wonder how popular these things were...
We then went to our favorite vintage store, Elsewhere Vintage, to try on dresses that we would love to own. Sophie wants a polka dot 70's ensemble, while I opt for an 80's cocktail dress. Unfortunately for both of us, the price tags were far out of our range.
I believe this was at the Orange Circle Antique Mall, where Sophie found a Mr. T coloring book. This led us to a discussion about how we were going to raise our kids together and teach them to love the 80's as much as we do, which led us to a satire based on Asian parenting. We decided if we want to get our kids into any Ivy League college, we would have to skip on the fun and become Tiger Moms. Therefore, no bedtime stories. Instead we would read to them Guns, Germs, and Steel to help prepare them for AP classes because after all, that's all that matters, right?
While we were walking around the Orange Circle Antique Mall, we came across lolita clothing, which let out my inner princess. "Ooh, Angelic Pretty! I want it!" I exclaimed, as I tried on the hair pieces...I found Claudia's business card, so maybe it's her shop? I'm not sure though, because there was another business card there. Either way, I kept on going around like a little girl wanting everything. What a marvelous surprise! I wish I could buy all of the clothes at Orange Circle, but alas, that is not realistic, so it's not going to happen...Well, I'll have to explore more antique areas soon and you should join me. You really should. Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. The lolita store is called Amber and Topaz. :) Claudia doesn't own it but I believe some items from Kawaii Goods are carried there. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet lolita shop ^__^
    Are they exspensive?

    Lol'd at Mr T. costume =w=
    Hmm tigermom? I think the idea is
    abit cruel - no bedtime stories :c lols

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geeky Glamorous-Thank you for letting me know! Do you know why they chose Orange Circle? Is there a Japn following there that I'm unaware of? :)

    Ice Pandora-The Tiger Mom idea is very cruel. My friend and I were just joking about it. The lolita clothing was decently priced considering they had the more expensive brands. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lolita clothes look so cute and fluffy :p and i dislike trying on clothes in shops XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Naka-I dislike trying on clothes too, but I always do to make sure it looks good. After three stores worth of trying on clothes, I get tired! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha...that Mr. T coloring book is awesome!! XD

    (Interesting story about your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are cute outfits. The colors were lovely and very feminine. We like it!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Reply: omg! Your family is famous haha :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look absolutely darling. Love the polka dots and love all of your photos.

    P.S. We are having a giveaway on our blog for a personalized necklace. If you get a chance please stop by and enter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shop N' Chomp-Haha, yes our parody makes us look odd, but at least it's amusing! ^^

    Luna S-Thank you! ♥

    .sabo skirt.-Haha, why thank you! Sophie and I are trying to work color into our wardrobe! :D

    Ice Pandora-Oh, you know how we roll. ;)

    Sunny & Star-Thank you, but I think you mean my friend, Sophie. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so full of treasures! I love vintage shopping and thrifting too - like an adventure and you never know what you`re gonna find. Your header is very cute btw)

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  12. yiqin;-Sure is! You should join us next time! ^^

    Katrina-Thank you! I love antiques and vintage pieces, but they never seem to fit me right! D:

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please leave a comment! ♥